Our goal is to build smarter homes and investment properties. Through clever design and sound proven processes we can deliver quality homes that make the very best use of your site, maximising the living spaces while keeping construction costs to an absolute minimum.
Our architectural team have designed a collection of smart house plans that are extremely cost effective to build, yet make the very best use of the land they occupy. Our experienced team, together with our proven build processes and Quality Assurance program will ensure your new home or investment property is built promptly and to the highest standard with the minimum of fuss and stress. We are extremely proud that many of our Ashcroft customers choose to build with us time and time again.
Smarter New Home Builders in Auckland
For more than a decade, our team has been helping customers reap the rewards of property development. Our constant drive for continuous improvement means that today, our designs and processes are at their absolute finest. From stand alone homes to terraced housing projects, our goal is to assist our clients maximise returns from their site development, while ensuring the journey of building is as simple and stress-free as possible.
Experienced Tight Knit Team
Ashcroft Homes is a privately run family business which focusses on the Auckland market only.
Our experienced teams are here to guide you through the entire process from planning to consents to construction, making it easier than ever to develop property in Auckland. Our in-house team of Planning and Subdivision specialists can help you negotiate the entire consenting and subdivision processes, and your appointed Project Manager will oversee the construction of your entire build project, providing you with just one point of contact for all construction ma
We believe building should be an exciting and stress-free process. And we believe the secret to this is simply great communication – explaining to you upfront about what you can expect during each phase of the build and following through on that promise. Whether you are an investor, or building a home for yourself, we want you to feel in control of your project. And we want the building of your new home to be an enjoyable and exciting project, certainly not one to give you sleepless nights.
Why a humming bird?
People who haven’t worked with us before are keen to understand the values at the heart of our company and why we chose to represent them in a humming bird. Although it isn’t a native bird of New Zealand, the humming bird reflects the understanding we have of our multi-cultural society as it is well-known and respected for being a swift, hard working & adaptable bird that is the only one of its kind.
Some interesting facts about humming birds
- Humming birds are adaptable – they are able to hover, and are the only bird species to fly upside-down. During hibernation they are able to lower their heart-rate to 1/15th of normal rate, increasing their ability to remain strong and survive through harsh conditions – just like our homes!
- Humming birds are incredibly smart – in fact they have the largest brain in the bird world in proportion to body size.
- Humming birds are swift – able to travel great distances tirelessly because of their unique design.
- They are clear and make a unique sound during flight – ensuring good communication with others.
- They are very careful about where they will build their nests, choosing the perfect location and ensuring they have adequate supplies available before they start.
- They are excellent planners as nest builders and ensure they have chosen the right spot as well as positioning the nest to withstand storms.
- The female will test the strength of a prospective nest site by repeatedly landing on it and checking whether the place leaves her with shelter from wind, rain and sun – ensuring the perfect environment in which to raise her family.
- They are also one of the fastest birds to build a solid nest – working tirelessly for about 4hrs per day over 5-7 days and creating the strongest and most comfortable nest available during this time.
- Often humming bird nests are so strong that they are able to re-use them again the following year (just like our homes!)